Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is a prominent center of culture in the Balkans and the political and cultural center of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is a city of historical significance, and sometimes called the “Jerusalem of Europe.”
Sarajevo is an old city which has witnessed many historical events. Known for its diversity, one can find monuments relating to different religions.
- Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque: Located in Sarajevo’s old town, it is the largest historical mosque in the country and also the centre of city’s Islamic community.
- Latin Bridge: The Latin Bridge is one of the oldest Ottoman bridges in the city built in the mid 16th century. The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, the Austrian Royal took place just by this bridge.
- Kovaci Memorial cemetery: Also known as the Martyr’s Cemetery is the memorial for Bosniak’s who lost during the siege while defending them from Serb aggression.
- Jewish Museum: The Jewish Museum is housed inside the 16th century synagogue. The museum displays various historical exhibits from the city’s Jewish community.
Hotels in Sarajevo:
- Courtyard Sarajevo- Enjoy comfortable and convenient location in Sarajevo city during your stay at the hotel.
- Hotel colors Inn- Located at the centre of the city, the hotel embodies the charm of Sarajevo in the literal sense.
- Novotel Sarajevo Bristol- It is a hotel offering service catering to International standards.
Restaurants in Sarajevo:
- Toplik- It is located further away from the city. It has fish farm and garden, so you can enjoy fresh and organic dishes.
- Avlija- It is a restaurant where families, friends and co-workers go to enjoy food and talk late into the night.
- Dveri- it is an ideal place to enjoy traditional Balkan cuisine at affordable prices.
- Begova Corba: This thick and delicious soup is a traditional dish of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Ustipci: Delicious little balls of fried dough.
- Innards: Liver, Kidney and Sweetbreads: This is a nutrient-rich and super healthy dish.
Sarajevo airport is in the suburb of Butmir. You can travel by most International airlines. You can also board a bus from the airport to the city centre.